||Written exam (60%)
Paper assignment (40%)
|Studielast:||6 ECTS credits
|Blackboard informatie||Link to
Blackboard (Als u de melding 'Guest are not allowed in this course' krijgt, dient u nog bij Blackboard in te loggen)
Doel van de cursus
At the end of this course, students should be able to
- Understand the impact of European integration on (multi-level) governance processes
- Apply knowledge acquired on the way European governance works to concrete cases
- Effectively select and search for legal and administrative information needed to solve concrete cases
- Analyse the political dynamics involved in European governance process using mainstream theories
Inhoud van de cursus
European integration is a reality within all levels of public administration in The Netherlands. It could even be argued that ‘Brussels’ is one of those levels and, vice versa, Dutch public administration is also European public administration. This course provides an introduction on the essentials of the EU, its institutions and European(ized) governance, but does so at a high level, requiring a good amount of self-study and proactiveness of students. The main focus of the course is then on applying this knowledge, learning how to find the (increasingly complex) legal and administrative information needed to solve concrete cases. The ultimate aim is to make students aware of the intricacies of the European context, including its political dynamics, at various levels of governance. Students will have the opportunity to get a ‘taste’ of the practice of European(ized) governance.
The course is in English in case exchange students or foreign students will follow this course, otherwise it will be a combination of English and Dutch. The written exam and paper assignment are in English.
- Herman Lelieveldt & Sebastiaan Princen, The Politics of the European Union, Cambridge University Press 2015, 2nd edition.
- To be announced.
Mogelijk interessant voor
- Premaster Bestuurskunde: HBO-bestuurskunde (