||Case study for triples or foursomes
||Apart from writing an essay (in English), participation in two planned meetings in spring is compulsory.
||(Geen informatie over tentamendata bekend)
|Studielast:||5 ECTS credits
|Blackboard informatie||Link to
Blackboard (Als u de melding 'Guest are not allowed in this course' krijgt, dient u nog bij Blackboard in te loggen)
Doel van de cursus (alleen in het Engels beschikbaar)
During Modeling in Practice students learn:
- to work on cases that call upon several courses at the same time;
- to independently conduct the analysis of a problem;
- to train their skills in presenting and in writing;
- to discuss the findings in their own and other people's case studies;
- to creatively use econometric modelling for the solution of problems;
- to make use of their intuition;
- to get a view on the practice of an econometrician.
Inhoud van de cursus (alleen in het Engels beschikbaar)
Together with two or three fellow students you have to conduct a case study in the area of Operation Research/Management Science, Quantitative Finance/Actuarial Sciences, or Mathematical Economics/Marketing Research/Econometric Methods. Therefore, you are divided in groups of at most 16 students. The cases within one group are different. Two meetings are planned to present and discuss the progress; one of the supervising lecturers presides the meeting. The compulsory parts of the course include the writing of an essay, the presentation of the findings, and the active participation to the discussions. Participation to the course is only possible after registration on time (early February); details will be announced on Blackboard Courseinfo.
Bijzonderheden (alleen in het Engels beschikbaar)
In order to start with Modeling in Practice a minimum of 66 ECTS will have to be passed.
In order to start a BSc Thesis EOR (300TET), the course 'Modeling in Practice' is required.
Probability and Statistics, Statistics for Econometrics, Mathematical Analysis 2, Advanced Linear Algebra
- BSc Econometrie en Operationele Research (